begging

I beg your pardon. I suppose I should have knocked.

请原谅,我想我本该敲门的。

They were reduced to begging or starving.

他们穷得不行乞便挨饿。

There are hundreds begging in the streets.

街上有数以百计的乞丐。

The old man had nothing but a bowl for begging in the old days.

在过去这位老人只有一只要饭的碗。

She beg them not to punish her son severely.

她恳求他们不要给他儿子太重的处罚。

If worst comes to worst and I'm driven out by my stepmother I'll go begging.

万一出现最坏的情况,我被继母赶出家门,我就去乞讨。

The vagrant had to beg for money.

那个流浪汉不得不乞求钱财。

If those two cakes are going begging, I'll have them!

要是那两块点心没人要,我要!

I beg leave to disagree, Mr Smith.

恕我不敢苟同,史密斯先生。

I'm surprised that he descended to begging for his food.

真让我吃惊,他竟堕落到沿街乞讨的地步。

An enemy who lies at thy feet begging forgiveness must not feel thy sword.

对俯伏在你脚下乞怜的敌人,绝不可使他触及你的剑。

I beg of you not to run the risk.

我求你去冒这个险。

I beg to point out that your facts are incorrect.

恕我指出你所讲的情况不真确。

Beg pardon, I don't catch the Chairman's remark.

对不起,请再说一遍,我没听清楚主席的话。

It took him a long time to teach the dog to sit up and beg.

他花了很长时间才教会狗坐立起来讨食。

The poor old man has been humped over the corner for a whole day, begging money and food from passers-by.

那个可怜的老人窝在角落已一整天了,向过路人乞讨着钱和食物。

Father told Tom to rake the yard, but Tom tried to beg off.

父亲要求汤姆清扫庭院,但他却要求放了他。

I beg your pardon; I did not catch your remark.

对不起,我没听清你在说什么。

I beg leave to address the Council.

我请求允许向议会发表演说。

He thinks it's a shame to beg others for alms.

他认为向他人乞求救济是耻辱。

I beg your pardon, Aunt Wang, for coming in like that.

王大婶,请原谅我这个样子跑进来。

He persuaded me to go and beg with him, but I couldn't cheek it.

他劝我和他一道去行乞,可我不能厚着脸皮干。

I beg your pardon but the woman you're insulting happens to be my wife.

请你尊重些,你侮辱的这个女人正是我的妻子。

My grandfather, who was a millionaire, often received begging letters from charitable organizations.

祖父是个大富翁,他经常收到一些慈善组织寄来的募捐信。

They had to beg alms (of others) in order to feed their children.

他们得(向别人)乞求救济来养活孩子。

Nothing was more calculated to annoy Halidome than to tell him he was "begging the question", for he prided himself on being strong in logic.

没有比说他“以假定作为论据进行诡辨”更能使赫利多姆生气的事了,因为他惯以逻辑强为自豪。

I needed a special spanner and I couldn't beg, steal or borrow one anywhere.

我需要一把特殊的扳手,但我无论如何也觅不到。

The sands in your way beg for your song and your movement, dancing water.

跳舞着的流水呀,在你途中的泥沙,要求你的歌声,你的流动呢。

If you wanted something to eat after nine o'clock in that restaurant you almost had to go down on your knees and beg for it.

9点钟后你想在那家餐馆吃点东西,你几乎得低三下四地求他们才能办得到。

When he was forced to beg from his friends he felt he had touched bottom and could sink no lower.

等到他被迫向朋友乞讨时,他觉得自己的境况已糟到无以复加的地步了。

Finally, we want to take this opportunity to beg him to convey our profound friendship and best regards to his people.

最后,我想借此机会请汤姆逊教授转达我们深厚的友谊,并表示对他的同胞良好的祝愿。

Gentle Reader, -It is customary to omit prefaces. I beg you to make an exception in my particular case.

尊敬的读者-人们习惯于略过序言不读,但我请求你对我这本书破例一次。

She may be the Warden, but we pay for her services so why should we sit up and beg?

她可能是管理员,但我们是付她劳务费的,因此我们为什么要讨好她呢?

He lives by begging.

他以行乞为生。

I beg to be excused.

敬请多多包涵。

I beg of you to keep quiet.

我求求你们安静一点。

I beg your pardon?

请您再说一遍(我没有听清)。

I do beg your pardon.

一定请您原谅。

I beg to differ.

恕我不能赞同。

May I beg a favour (of you)?

可以(请你)帮个忙吗?

A member of an order of friars forbidden to own property in common, who work or beg for their living.

托钵僧一种不允许拥有私人财产的僧人,以工作或化缘维持生活

Poverty reduced him to begging.

贫穷迫使他行乞。

He scorned begging for help.

他鄙视乞求援助。

I beg you to give ear to my word.

我请求你听一听我的话。

I beg that neither of you will say anything.

我请求你们谁也别说了。

You've just stepped on my foot! I beg your pardon.

你刚才踩了我的脚!请原谅。

Beg pardon, did I tread on your foot, miss?

对不起,小姐,我是不是踩了你的脚了?

From whom did he beg this money?

他向谁讨到这钱的?

I'll give him a good scolding and bring him over to beg pardon.

我要狠狠教训他一顿,并要他过来求饶。

Have you finished reading the book? Beg your pardon?

你看完那本书了吗?对不起,你说什么?