breathe

My nose is all blocked up and I can't breathe.

我鼻子塞了,气都透不过来。

Promise me you won't breathe a word of this to anyone.

答应我别将此事泄漏给任何人。

Let's go out for a breath of fresh air.

我们出去吸口新鲜空气吧。

It is difficult to breathe at these altitudes.

在这些高的地方很难呼吸。

I like to breathe the fresh air in suburban places.

我喜欢在郊外呼吸新鲜空气。

He's gone; You can breathe freely again.

他已走了,你可以完全放心了。

Fish cannot breathe out of water.

鱼离开水就不能呼吸。

There was such a crush on the train that I could hardly breathe.

火车上挤得我都喘不过气来。

Now my debts are paid I can breathe again.

现在我已还清欠债,可以松口气了。

There is a breath of autumn in the air today.

今天的天气已露出了一丝秋天的气息。

The doctor told him to breathe in deeply and then breathe out.

医生叫他先深深吸一口气,然后再把气吐出来。

Hold on a minute while I get my breath back.

停一停,让我喘口气。

Let's sit down a minute to catch our breath.

让我们坐一会儿,歇口气。

All that betrays his surprise is a sharply indrawn breath.

他大大吸了一口气,无意中流露出他吃了一惊。

Our breath is misting up the car windows.

我们呼出的气渐渐给汽车的窗户上蒙上一层水蒸气。

Music is the breath of life to him.

音乐是他生活的必需品。

Certain governing ideas of Spinoza breathe through all his works.

斯宾诺莎的某些主要思想贯穿其所有的著作。

I'll just trot out for a breath of air.

我要到外面去走走换换空气。

They hardly dared breathe as somebody walked past the door!

有人在门前走过,他们几乎不敢呼吸了!

He caught his breath in surprise.

他惊奇得屏住了呼吸。

Take a deep breath and ask if you can see her privately.

平心静气地想一想你能否私下里去拜访她。

Her smile is a breath of fresh air in this gloomy office.

她的微笑给沉闷的办公室带来生气。

Religion is the breath of life to/for her.

宗教是她不可或缺的精神支柱。

Several students made the request in one breath.

好几个学生同时提出这个要求。

If you run very fast, you may lose your breath.

如果你跑得很快,你可能会喘不过气来。

That boy stood stock still, too terrified to breathe.

那个男孩呆若木鸡地站着,吓得连气都不敢喘。

The trick is to hold your breath while you aim.

窍门就在于瞄准时须屏住呼吸。

Don't breathe a word of this.

不要走漏这个消息。

You can see people's breath on a cold day.

冷天能看到人们呼出的空气。

It's good to breathe (in) fresh country air instead of city smoke.

呼吸乡间的新鲜空气而不吸入城市的烟尘是有益的。

One should not go into churches if one wants to breathe pure air.

想呼吸纯洁的空气的人,就不应进入教堂里去。

He is fairly good looking but his bad breath turns me off him.

他长得相当漂亮,可是他嘴里发出的臭味使我对他失去了兴趣。

She can swim for four minutes without gathering breath.

她能在水里游4分钟而不用停下来休息。

In large cities people breathe in dangerous gases from cars and chimneys.

在城市,人们吸进汽车、烟囱排放出来的有害气体。

I was out of breath after running for the bus.

我因为追赶公共汽车,弄得上气不接下气。

The mile run left Bill out of breath.

一英里赛跑,跑得比尔上气不接下气。

I ran to the theater all along and was out of breath.

我一路跑到剧院上气不接下气。

Don't worry, I wouldn't breathe a word of your secret.

不要担心,关于你的秘密,我决不会泄漏一个字的。

Bad breath is guaranteed to turn a woman off!

有口臭管保让女子兴趣顿失!

The doctor told me to breathe in and then breathe out (again) slowly.

医生叫我吸气然後(再)慢慢地呼出。

He conjured us with his dying breath to look after his son.

他临终时乞求我们我们照顾他的儿子。

It took us a few minutes to get our breath back after the race.

赛跑后我们用了好几分钟才恢复了正常呼吸。

She held her breath as the horses came toward the finish ling.

当马群跑向终点线时,她紧张得屏住了气。

He won't pay attention to anybody. You're just wasting your breath.

他谁的话都不听,你只是在白费口舌。

For the cause of revolution, he fought till [to] his last breath.

为了革命事业,他战斗到了生命的最后一息。

I'm telling you this in (strict) confidence so don't breathe a word of it.

我现在告诉你这件事是个(绝对的)秘密--千万不可外传。

He praised my work and in the same breath told me I would have to leave.

他称赞我工作好,刚说完这话就让我离职。

If you take a deep breath you can stay under for more than a minute.

只要深吸一口气就能在水里待上一分多钟。

The audience held its/their breath as the acrobat walked along the tightrope.

杂技演员在钢丝绳上表演时,观众们屏息观看。

Your breath smells of brandy.

你呼吸中带有白兰地酒味。