fitting

The motor launch was fitting out as a fishing boat.

这艘摩托艇正在装备成渔船。

He expressed his thoughts in clear and fitting language.

他用明白恰当的语言来表达他的思想。

At the moment Master Wang was fitting together some parts.

这时候王师傅正在装配一些部件。

He is busy fitting up his house for friends and guests.

他正忙着布置房间,迎接朋友和客人。

It was, in fine, a fitting end to the story.

总之,这是故事很恰当的结尾。

He chiseled a hole in the door to fit a new lock.

他在门上凿了个孔,以便装一把新锁。

Hard training will fit them to run long distances.

严格的训练将使他们能跑长距离。

All the apprentices rushed to help fit the piston.

徒工们都跑过来帮助装活塞。

The newspaper did not see fit to publish my letter.

该报认为不宜发表我的信。

I don't see fit to tell all my plans.

我认为把我的全部计划告诉你是不必要的。

I don't see fit to tell you all my plans.

我认为把所有的计划都告诉你是不适宜的。

He is just fit for a job as scavenger.

他正好当个清道夫之职。

He's been ill and isn't fit for work yet.

他一直在生病,尚不能工作。

The catch of the door doesn't fit on any more.

这扇门的门扣再也扣不上了。

Can you advice me what kind of shoes fit me best?

你能不能指点我,哪种鞋穿最合适?

His ideas did not quite fit in with our aims.

他的想法和我们的目标不完全一致。

I wonder if the oculist can fit me in next Friday.

不知眼科医生能否在下星期五给我安排一个时间。

The cooker won't fit in/into your new kitchen.

你的新厨房装不下这套炉具。

She tries to get fit and slim down.

她努力使身体健康体形苗条。

See if you can fit any of these odd lids to this set of containers.

看看这些零散的盖子有没有能配上这套容器的。

A coughing fit racked her whole body.

她一阵咳嗽全身都十分难受。

A fit of dizziness came over her.

她感到一阵头晕目眩。

This kind of fast food is not fit for my appetite.

这种快餐不适合我的口味。

I can't make the cover of the tin fit on.

我无法把这罐头的盖子盖上。

I work out regulary to keep fit.

我经常努力锻炼身体以保持健康。

I'll try and fit you in after lunch.

我尽可能在午饭以後见你。

John looked fit to kill in his tuxedo.

约翰穿上晚礼服,显得十分英俊。

Mother will have a fit when she hears!

母亲听到后会大吃一惊的!

Mr.Smith needs more exercises to keep fit.

史密斯先生要健身还需要更多的锻炼。

We need an eye bolt to fit this valve.

我们需要一个有眼螺栓来固定这个阀门。

He committed suicide during a fit of depression.

他一时想不开,自杀了。

Look away dear, the sight is not fit for your eyes.

亲爱的,把脸转过去,这场面不适合你看。

It was fitting that he should be here to receive the prize in person.

他应该亲自来领奖才对。

His wife has a fit of nerves again this morning.

今天早晨他的妻子又发了一通神经。

He did not quite know what to say that would fit the circumstances.

在这种场合,他不太知道说什么才合适。

She had a fit of hysterics and called him some bad names.

她一阵歇斯底里发作,骂了他几句。

Jane is a nice girl. Her fit of temper was out of character.

珍妮是个好姑娘,她那顿脾气很反常。

He runs 3 miles every morning; that's why he is so fit.

他每天早晨跑三哩路,因此才那么健康。

The editors saw fit to include some illustrations in the textbook.

编辑们认为在课本中加些插图是合适的。

I don't know why they see fit to leave so suddenly.

我不明白,他们为什么决定突然这样走掉。

I had to fit ten appointments into one morning.

我要在一个上午里安排十个约会。

I ought to be fit for work at the end of the month.

到月底时,我应该可以工作了。

In a fit of anger he turned the table over.

一时气急,他掀翻了饭桌。

I felt as fit as a fiddle after my walking holiday.

我经过假期徒步旅行,身体极好。

Please fit a new handle on my case.

请给我这箱子装上一个新手把。

All the facts certainly fit your theory.

所有的事实都和你的说法相符。

News of the robberies frightened many people into fitting new locks to their doors.

发生抢劫的消息把许多人吓得装上新门锁。

Your mother would have a fit if she knew you were here.

你母亲要是知道你在这里准会非常生气。

We've got to fit five people plus all their luggage in the car.

我们得在汽车里挤下五个人和全部行李。

An artist should be fit for the best society and keep out of it.

艺术家应该适合最高阶层社会而又应置身于其外。