owing

My success is owing to you in all senses.

不论从哪一方面来说,我的成功都得归功于你。

His death was owing to an accident.

他的死是由一次事故造成的。

Owing to sabotage, a train jumped the rails.

由于受到破坏,一列火车出轨了。

The flight was delayed owing to technical reasons.

这次飞行由于技术的原因而被推迟。

The mine was closed owing to exhaustion.

这个煤矿因矿源枯竭而被关闭。

I owe a lot to my wife and children.

我很感激我的妻子和孩子。

Owing to lack of funds, the scheme fell through.

由于缺少资金,这项计划失败了。

Owing to the rain, the match was cancelled.

由于下雨,取消了比赛。

I owe you an apology for the delay.

我该为这次耽搁向您道歉。

Some roads are closed owing to drifting.

有些道路因积雪而封闭。

He was late owing to/due to the very heavy traffic.

他迟到是因为交通拥挤。

The business has been hung up owing to the partner's illness.

由于合伙人病了,生意只好搁置下来。

Our trading connection has broken off owing to a disagreement over prices.

因为价格问题无法达成共识,我们的贸易关系中止了。

You can take your time to pay the debt you owe me.

你欠我的债可以慢慢还。

He is now, owing to ill health, not so active in social work.

由于身体欠佳,他现在较少参加社会活动了。

Owing to lacking experience, he does not do the thing well.

由于缺乏经验,他没有把事情办好。

Owing to my lack of experience, I didn't do the work well.

由于缺乏经验,我没有把工作做好。

Owing to the very heavy demand, we are receiving orders day-to-day.

由于市场需求量极大,我们每天都接到不少订单。

We owe much to Greek culture.

我们得益於希腊文化之处甚多。

There is still 2 dollars owing.

还欠着2美元。

I owe my butcher$10, but he can whistle for it.

我欠肉店老板十美元,可是他是要不回的。

I owe you a debt of gratitude for what you've done.

对你所做的事,我欠你一份人情债。

The ship is ready for sea but cannot gets away owing to bad weather.

运输船已准备好出海,但由于天气不好不能启航。

We owe you a debt of gratitude for you help.

承蒙帮助,感恩不尽。

We owe this discovery to Newton.

我们的这一发现归功於牛顿。

Owing to a strange mental aberration he forgot his own name.

由于一种莫名的精神错乱,他把自己的名字忘了。

You owe me 5: come on, disgorge!

你欠我5英镑,快,吐出来!

Thanks invitation however regret unable join owing business pressure hoping reunion before christmas best regard.

谢谢邀请,很抱歉,由于商务繁忙不能前往。希望在圣诞节前能得到一叙。祝好。

Poor man, he is only twenty years old, but owing to illness he is as bald as a coot.

可怜的家伙,他只有20岁,可是由于生病,头顶已经光秃秃了。

Add up all the money I owe you.

把我应付你的钱都加在一起。

Owing to heavy commitments, we cannot advance shipment of your order.

由于承约过多,我方不能将你方订货提前装运。

I still owe the butcher for the meat I had last Sunday.

我上星期天买肉还欠卖肉的钱呢。

I'm in hock to the tune of (ie I owe a total of) 5000.

我负债总数达5000英镑。

At last it's coming home to me how much I owe to my parents.

我终於懂得父母给我的恩惠是多麽大。

That was a dirty trick she played on you when she left town owing you so much money.

她欠你这么多钱没有还就走了,实在对你太卑劣了。

Owing to reasons known to all, contacts between our two peoples were sus-pended for over twenty years.

由于众所周知的原因,我们两国人民间的接触中断了20多年。

Owing to rough packing, the goods is seriously rusty. I am afraid we have to lodge a claim with you for rough packing.

由于包装粗陋,货物锈损得很严重。恐怕我们不得不因包装太差而向你方提出索赔。

I can't pay the 50p I owe you without breaking into a 5 note.

我得把一张5英镑的钞票兑开,才能把欠你的50便士付给你。

"You must pay up what you owe me." Edwin said to Frank.

"你必须还清欠我的钱,"埃德温对弗兰克说。

I don't wish to press the point, but you do owe me 200.

我是不愿老提这一点的,可你还欠著我200英镑呢。

The bank has made an error in your favour; we owe you£100.

银行出了个有利于你的差错,我们欠你一百镑。

The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.

浮华的蝴蝶却相信花是应该向它道谢的。

Owing to their intransigent attitude we were unable to reach an agreement.

由于他们态度僵硬,我们无法达成协议。

I have been instructed by my agent that you still owe me 100 pounds.

我的代理人通知我,你还欠我100磅。

Owing to the heavy demand for these materials, however, we would ask you to order without delay.

但不论如何,由于此类货品的市场需求量甚大,希望您不要延迟订购时间。

Owing to the large number of orders we are receiving, we have to execute them in full capacity.

由于我们接到大量订单,必须全力生产才能如期交货。

Modern medicine owe a great deal to the discovery of certain tiny disease-carrying organisms.

现代医学大大归功于某些传达室染疾病的微生物的发现。

Competitor report have trouble with shipper whom fail execute contract owing excessively advanced market.

据同行讲,和货主之间有麻烦而无法成交,主要受行市过度上涨之影响。

Some men feel that the only thing they owe the woman who marries them is a grudge.

有些男人感到对嫁给自己的女人所欠的只有怨恨。

I, for one, will never again take for granted the noble potato, golden fruit of the earth, to which we owe so much.

至少我对这种有恩于人类的、高贵的马铃薯、大地的黄金一般的果实,再也不等闲视之了。