sit

He was not a man to sit down with affront.

他并不是一个可以忍受当众侮辱的人。

He will not sit down under such treatment.

我不应再忍受好如此的礼遇。

I need to sit down and rest my weary limbs.

我要坐下歇歇腿。

Three people can sit in the back of this car.

这车的后座可坐3个人。

He's sometimes been known to sit there all day.

有时能见到他整天坐在那里。

All this toughness does not sit well with everyone.

所有这种强硬的做法并非人人都能接受。

The mother asked her baby to sit for his portrait.

孩子的妈妈让她的宝宝坐好给他拍照。

Let's sit down a minute to catch our breath.

让我们坐一会儿,歇口气。

The train was so crowded that I had to sit bodkin.

火车里很挤,所以我只好挤坐在两个人中间。

I'd like you to sit in on this meeting.

我希望你旁听一下边次会议。

She sit for a london constituency for ten years.

她代表伦敦选区当了10年的下院议员。

The car will sit five people comfortably.

那车能舒舒服服地坐五个人。

Let's sit over here by this window.

让我们坐在窗子这里吧。

This news made us all sit up and take notice.

这消息立即引起我们大家的注意。

Do you have a job where I can sit down?

你能给我找一个坐着的工作吗?

He meant to sit out all the other visitors.

他决意坐到别的客人全都走完。

Perhaps now they can sit back and rest on their oar.

也许现在他们可以坐下来休息一下了。

Scrub that mud off your fingers before you sit down to lunch.

你要先把手指上的污泥洗掉才能上桌吃午饭。

I like to sit back and rest in the evenings.

我喜欢在晚上什麽也不做,好好休息。

That big corporation tried to bribe the press to sit on the story.

那家大公司企图贿赂新闻界把这篇报道压下来。

I pulled back the bench to help the old man sit on it.

我把长凳往后拉,帮助老人坐下。

Would you care to sit down for a while?

你要不要坐一会呢?

It's unsafe to sit the child in such a high chair.

让小孩坐在这么高的椅子上不安全。

It's wonderful, sit by the lake side angling.

坐在湖边垂钓真是好极了。

How did your story sit with your mother?

你妈妈怎么能接受你的谎言呢?

Are you able to sit through the play?

你能耐着性子看完戏吗?

Don't all sit together, spread yourselves out.

别都挤在一块儿,分开坐吧。

I must sit down and rest, I am tired out.

我一定得坐下歇一歇,我累极了。

I think I'll sit out the next dance, I am tired.

我想不跳下一个舞,我累了。

She can sit reading for hours together.

她能连续几个小时坐在那儿看书。

I'll sit up for a time, in case I may be wanted.

我先不睡,说不定会通知得着我。

Move up and let me sit down, please.

请挪开一点,让我也坐一下。

My head's in a whirl; I must sit down and think.

我的脑袋一片混乱,我得坐下好好想一想。

All right if we sit on the bench?

我们坐这个凳子上行吗?

Sit up, children! Don't lean over the table!

坐直,孩子们,不要趴在桌子上!

Sit yourself down and tell us what happened.

你坐下,告诉我们怎么回事。

Let's sit over there by that window.

让我们坐在那边的窗户旁边。

It is a bad habit to sit up late at night.

熬夜是个坏习惯。

After dinner sit a while; after supper walk a mile.

[谚]饭后百步,延年益寿。

Have you found anyone suitable to sit in this evening?

你找到今晚替你看孩子的合适人了吗?

I can remember clearly when you would sit on my knees.

你小时生在我膝头的情景仍记忆犹新。

It took him a long time to teach the dog to sit up and beg.

他花了很长时间才教会狗坐立起来讨食。

I sit through all three performances but none of them is any good.

三个节目我都从头看到尾,可是没一个节目是精彩的。

The food at night is likely to sit heavy on one's stomach.

晚上吃东西很可能加重胃的负担。

Sit back for a minute and think about what you have done.

坐一会儿,考虑考虑你干了什么事情。

If I may sit so, the crispy fried duck is delicious.

如果我可以这么说的话,这香酥鸭味道很好。

I shall get back very late, so don't sit up for me.

今晚我要回来得很迟,所以你不必等我回来再睡觉了。

You shouldn't sit on the ground when it's wet.

地面潮湿时就不应该坐在地上。

Shall we sit in a smoker or a non-smoker?

我们坐吸烟车厢还是非吸烟车厢?

We had to sit through several tedious speeches.

我们只得坐在那里听著几个乏味的讲演。