them

It's sad that we have to part company with them.

很遗憾我们要与他们分别了。

They netted the fruit trees to protect them from birds.

他们用网覆盖住果树以使其免遭鸟害。

He interposed himself between them to stop them fighting.

他挤进两人中间,阻止他们打架。

I apportioned half the property to each of them.

我把财产的一半分配给他们各人。

She beg them not to punish her son severely.

她恳求他们不要给他儿子太重的处罚。

I encourage them to talk all mutually.

我鼓励他们都互相交谈。

Our detachments took turns to harass them.

我们的一些小分队轮番骚扰他们。

The two of them were necking on a park bench.

他们俩在公园的长凳上拥抱亲吻。

I never lend books; you never get them back.

我的书决不外借,因为总是有去无回。

The imminence of their exams made them work harder.

考试即将来临,迫使他们更用功了。

Hard training will fit them to run long distances.

严格的训练将使他们能跑长距离。

I went them to do away with this feudal custom.

我希望他们废除这一封建陋俗。

Can you swing them round to my point of view?

你能让他们转而支持我的观点吗?

Nearly all of them kept aloof from such doctrines.

他们几乎都不接受这种教条。

He urged them to guard against conceit.

他要求他们防止骄傲自满。

The patrolman signed for them to halt.

巡逻警察做手势要他们停下。

The comedian soon had them rolling in the aisles.

那滑稽演员很快就逗得他们捧腹大笑。

The north wind set them shivering.

北风吹得他们浑身打颤。

The inheritance kept them afloat for years.

遗产使他们好多年免于经济困难。

He deceived them under the veil of charity.

他借慈善事业为名欺骗了他们。

He had to run in harness with them.

他不得不同他们共同工作。

George led them back to the right way.

乔治把他们领回到正路上来。

Our advice helped them to smooth out their relationship.

我们的建议帮助他们消除了相互关系中的障碍。

Life seems grey and joyless to them.

对他们来说生活是灰色的、不快乐的。

Many of them wore colourful national costumes.

他们很多人都穿着色彩鲜艳的民族服装。

We have done all we could to catch up with them.

我们已经尽了一切可能来赶上他们。

The riot police started to crack down on them.

防暴警察开始对他们采取镇压行动。

Tack the folds down before you sew them firmly into place.

先用大针脚将褶子松松地缀住,然后再将其缝纫到位。

He counselled them to give up the plan.

他建议他们放弃这项计划。

The children wheedle me into let them go to the film.

孩子们把我哄得同意让他们去看电影了。

Balloons have no engine to drive them against the wind.

气球是没有发动机来驱使它们逆风前进。

How they laid about them to fulfill the task!

他们是何等竭尽全力来完成这一任务啊!

You should have reported them to the police.

你应当向警方控告他们的。

I asked Xiao Zhou to get in touch with them.

我让小周去和他们取得联系。

Are you going to let them in on the plans?

你是否打算让他们知道这些计划?

He dared them to debate with him about it.

他向他们挑战,要他们和他辩论这个问题。

I hadn't expected to rub up against them again.

我本来就没有料到会再次碰上他们。

It is a matter of life and death for them.

这事对他们来说是生死攸关。

I hope you try to get them to step up production.

希望你们尽力使厂家增加生产。

I hope you will bear out what I tell them.

我希望你能证明我和他们讲的情况。

It's hard to get a word out of them.

从他们身上一句话都套不出来。

Tell them they may look for me any day.

告诉他们我就在这几天到达。

I've been waiting all day for them to decide!

整整一天我一直在等候他们作出抉择!

I've just seen them going down the road arm in arm.

我刚看到他们臂挽着臂沿着这条道走去。

He was inclined to give them a free hand.

他倾向于放手让他们干。

He will go to help them at all risks.

他要冒一切危险去帮助他们。

That cannot get up an atom of sympathy for them.

那并不能激发起人们对他们的丝毫同情。

Only Parker can be a match for me them.

跟他们较量的人只有帕克。

But watch out you don't get them into trouble.

但要当心,不要给他们找来麻烦。

Many of them couldn't get along upon their wages.

他们中间很多人那时不能靠工资过活。