wanted

It's only human nature to want a comfortable life.

想过舒适的生活不过是普通人的本性。

He hammered home the points he wanted to convey.

他把所要传达的重点讲得非常透彻。

Some of the union members did not want to picket.

工会的一些会员不想担任罢工纠察员。

The superpowers got what they wanted by coercion.

超级大国靠强迫手段得到了他们想要的东西。

Joel wanted to pay William off for backbiting him.

乔尔因威廉在背后说他坏话而要对他进行报复。

My deskmate wanted to trade his pen for my book.

我的同桌想用他的钢笔换我这本书。

I really wanted to slap her during the meeting.

在开会的时候我真想赏她一巴掌。

He wanted to tell the news to the world.

他要把这件事告诉每一个人。

He told me I wanted nourishment.

他对我说,我需要营养。

I want a cottage within reach of London.

我想要一幢靠近伦敦的小屋。

They wanted to know when you would go to the park.

他们想知道你们什么时候去公园。

This is the man who wanted to see you.

这就是要见你的那个人。

He cut the iron pole to the size he wanted.

他把铁杆锯成他需要的尺寸。

She fought like a tiger to get what she wanted.

她竭力争取自己想要的东西。

He said he wanted his son to fly right.

他说他希望他儿子做个正派的人。

She's wanted to go on the stage from an early age.

她从小就想当演员。

The robber in arms wanted to rob the bank.

这个持械的强盗想抢劫银行。

Marilyn wanted to be loved, not lionized.

玛里琳要的是爱而不是崇拜。

He wanted to avenge himself for his sufferings.

他要为自己所受的折磨进行报复。

The remark make me want to climb under the pew.

这句话使我真想藏在座位下面去。

The clerk helped me find what I wanted.

店员帮我找到了我所要买的东西。

He wanted them to jump to it.

他希望他们赶快办这件事。

All I want is some peace and quiet.

我所需要的就是一点安宁和清静。

I just want an ordinary car without the frills.

我只要一辆没有多余装饰的普通汽车。

I want to catch forty wink before the guest arrive.

我想在客人到达之前,先打个盹儿。

The defeated classes wanted to bring back their lost paradise.

失败的阶级想要恢复它们失去的天堂。

His parents balk at the cost of the guitar he want.

他想要那个吉他,但他父母看到吉他的价格却踌躇不决。

No one wanted to listen to a madman.

没有人想听疯子讲话。

And you come from North Dakota! I want to know.

原来你是北达科他州来的!真想不到!

I do not want to be in the boss line of fire today.

今天我不想遭到老板的非难。

I want draught beer, not bottled beer!

我要生啤酒,不要瓶装啤酒!

Sunday is the best day to check the want ads.

星期天是在报纸上查寻招聘广告的最好的日子。

Is that why you don't want to go home?

这就是你不想回家的原因吗?

I want to sing at a karaoke bar next.

接下来,我想去卡拉OK酒吧唱歌。

I could have done it if I had wanted to.

如果我那时想做,我能做得到的。

It is over and above what is wanted.

那是超过需要的东西。

I told him to speak on any subject he wanted.

我已告诉他想谈什麽就谈什麽。

I wanted off at the cross road, but was refused.

我想在十字路口下车可不准。

I'll sit up for a time, in case I may be wanted.

我先不睡,说不定会通知得着我。

He wanted to find some wine in the pantry.

他想在餐具室里找到一些酒。

The doctor wanted us to use the sheet for a shroud.

医生想让我们用床单当裹尸布。

His parents wanted him to go into business.

他的父母要他去搞商业。

We don't want to personalize the issue.

我们不想把问题搞得个人化了。

I wanted to discuss my company's outstanding account.

我想谈一下我公司丰厚的利润。

I want somebody to massage my shoulders.

我想要有人给我按摩肩膀。

I want to dissociate myself from my companions.

我想要与我的同伴断绝关系。

Finally he relinquish his plan for want of business.

因生意需要彼得只好放弃计划。

No one wanted to buy small oranges.

没有人想买小柳橙。

You aren't wanted here, so shove off!

这儿不需要你,走开!

You will not be wanted this afternoon.

今天下午用不著你了。